Once you have installed the Thread Template Designer, and have created some templates to be used on Thread, you can easily generate documents directly from a file. You can choose to send one copy of the document per recipient or generate a document referencing all selected contacts.
Note: When referencing contacts, they must be linked to the file you are on.
1. Click Files in the left pane of Thread.
2. Search for the file you want to generate a document for and click the file name.
3. Go to the Activities tab in File Documents.
4. To generate a document from a template, click the arrow beside New in the top grey pane.
5. Click Generate Template.
6. A pop-up window will appear. You can choose to view all templates or templates for the specific file category. Search for the template using the search bar.
Note: If the template does not appear, you may need to select All categories and search for the template.
7. Select the template and click Next.
8. A new window will appear. Select the contact you want to create the document for and click Create.
9. If you wish to generate either a separate copy per contact or one copy referencing all selected contacts - select the relevant contacts and select your preferred generation type a)orb)
10. Click Create.
The activity will automatically link to the file you are on and appear in the File Activities tab. You can view and edit it at a later date from this page. Time spent editing that document is automatically logged and displayed in the Activitiessection.
All templates used on Thread must be coded correctly using the Thread Template Designer add-in for Word. For instructions on downloading the add-in, click here. You can use an existing template or create a new Word document, and code it by using the ...
It is important to have all file documents in one place, where they can be easily accessed and edited. Create new documents, or use templates to generate documents from templates (you must have templates already set up in your Template Desk). If you ...
Removing Template Designer If you are using an old version of Template Designer, please follow the steps below to remove it from your device. 1. Open Word on your desktop, and in the toolbar, select Insert and then click on "My Add-ins" 2. Next to ...
You can quickly create a document in a file on the file Activities page. This can be edited later to include more detail if necessary. 1. Click on Files in the left pane of Thread. 2. Search for your file in the search bar provided. 3. Click on the ...
Templates are a key feature of Thread that you can set up to most effectively utilise the application. Templates are used for documents, bills, bundles, or emails, and can be created to be used across all categories on Thread. Setting up templates ...